(From left) GL Homes President Misha Ezratti, American Red Cross South Florida Region Chief Development Officer Tzaicel Hernandez, GL Homes Senior Director of Community Relations Sarah Alsofrom
Photo credit: Tracey Benson Photography
Whenever and wherever disaster strikes — no matter how big or how small — they’re immediately on the scene rendering aid and providing support. This dedication and dependability are why the American Red Cross is one of the nation’s most beloved institutions — a nonprofit organization committed to service dating back to its 1881 founding by Clara Barton and several of her like-minded humanitarians.
GL Homes and the Red Cross have been linked in a variety of meaningful ways, including:
• October 2019: GL Homes served meals to Hurricane Dorian refugees.
• August 2021: American Red Cross recognized GL Homes with the Inaugural Community Ambassador Award.
• April 2022: GL Homes and its employees donated $130,000 to the International Red Cross in support of humanitarian relief efforts in Ukraine.
• November 2022: GL Homes donated $100,000 for hurricane relief efforts to help victims of Hurricanes Ian and Nicole.
• November 2022: American Red Cross honored GL Homes with its Hope Around the World Award.